Signature personalization is a must for business professionals.
While setting your signature is easy, there are a couple of caveats you must be aware of:
- When you set up your signature – it is bound to a specific outlook profile (computer). Practically, when you change (or reset) your computer you have to set it up again.
- Outlook on the web (webmail) has its own settings.
How to setup your signature in MS Outlook desktop app (windows version)
To setup your signature in MS Outlook follow these steps:
1. Open MS Outlook
2. Go to: file -> Options
3. From the Options menu select: mail -> signatures…
4. Press the new button (1)
5. Type a name for your signature
6. Create your signature (2)
7. Press Save (3)
To automatically insert your signature whenever you reply/forward/create a message:
1. Select the email account you want the settings to apply (4)
2. Select which signature you want to auto-insert when creating new messages (5)
3. Select which signature you want to auto-insert when replying/forwarding new messages (6)